About Me

My photo
I am who I am. Love it or hate it, I only change for me, for self improvement, and Self-assurance.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Dreams of Clean

I USED to keep my room clean.

No, really. When I first moved to college, I had a tidy room. IT was decorated and happy, and everything had a place. It was really nice.

Now, instead of having clean, I have a roommate who is clean. What he defines as clean is throwing away things that aren't his, hiding the mess in the couch cushions, and delegating people to do chores. Once, I spent two weeks looking for a paycheck that had come in the mail. I didn't even know it had COME until I found it, buried in a pile on the kitchen counter, with mail that is supposed to go to our landlord.

They say that the house is a clue to the soul. I believe this to be truth. I.... COULD clean my room, but my roommate Jolie and I have been talking about moving out for the past 3 months, and my dresser has been broken since we moved in 18 months ago (crappy swedish furniture...) So now all I can think of is boxes. I LONG to purge my room of textbooks, organize my clothes so that they are not crammed into a drawer and wrinkled... but everytime I move something out of my cluttered sanctuary, in a flash it is gone thanks to my nervous roommate and his obsessive "cleaning". His Nervous energy reminds me of the squirrel from the ICE AGE Series, and while he is my friend, I want nothing more than to take MY playstation two from HIS room, pack it into an organized box in the back of my car, and never have to worry that another paycheck will ever go missing. And my playstation can go in MY room, my OWN ROOM since 5 years ago, where everything can have a home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment