About Me

My photo
I am who I am. Love it or hate it, I only change for me, for self improvement, and Self-assurance.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Half of my Heart

I was born in the arms of imaginary friends...

No, I wasn't. But I started my Project with my most current Purchase of John Mayer's "Battle studies" T-shirt, and those lyrics are some of the most poetic I think on the album. I didn't want to wear it first because it is my new favorite (as it is the newest to the collection), but something in my recent past has been drawing me to wear it first. Maybe its the subdued navy blue that has reflected my mood recently, or maybe its the fact that his melancholy lyrics have reflected some of my own feelings about this part of my life. Either way, I wear it with pride, normally under my red wool sweater I got 2 years ago as a christmas gift from my mother.

I especially like this t-shirt because I have a total of 4 john mayer t-shirts in my collection, all of which have special meaning. What I like about Mayer is that his albums tend to parallel my life (as any good musician makes his followers think... that he is speaking straight to them). I recently read his most current article in Rolling stone about him where he admits that this newer album is not his best work, which made me like him as an artist even more. Mayer is real. He is a work in progress; HUMAN, which i think many celebrities forget about. And while his job is to make sales, he has just admitted to his product being sub-par, and I think this makes him even more sellable.

But it isn't even ABOUT that! Its about he wrote an album, another poetically twisted novel like piece of work, and he is calling it sub-par and I still listen to it whenever I have 45 minutes to spare, because I believe it is one of those albums that needs to be listened to beginning to end.
And my FAVORITE song right now, "Half of my heart" (The lyrics I opened with), Mayer is telling someone that he cannot only function with half of his heart, which I relate to. I have worked several jobs at the same time, gone to school, and tried to remain a good Daughter, granddaughter, cousin, student, girlfriend, and burned out, & I feel myself doing this again. Growing up on a team has taught me to do everything with 100%, and when you work 6 jobs, XYZ, its damned near impossible to do that... My fuse has been lit, and Jobs, "I can't keep loving you/ with half of my heart..."

No comments:

Post a Comment