About Me

My photo
I am who I am. Love it or hate it, I only change for me, for self improvement, and Self-assurance.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Resolutions, promises, and adventures

I Resolved to write once a week in my blog: BROKEN.  No matter how hard I try, sometimes I have low points.  I don't Just mean a typical gloomy day.

I had a communication teacher once tell me emotions are like a pendulum.  The harder you love, laugh, and smile, the inverse is true also.   So, while I mostly am in a secure spot of comfort and stability (one year later, if you read last years posts...) There are still days, no, minutes, where I throw myself onto the floor, question all my life's choices, and cry.  UGLY cry.  To the point where I see on my roommate or boyfriends face (depending on what venue I have selected for these theatrics) looks at me as if I am insane, and then steps over me and waits patiently for me to finish.  As I write this, I can almost hear my dad chuckling, because these fits have not changed at all since I was a terrible 2, 13, or 18.

But it's true, and when I think my updates are going to sound like a self-loathing baby, I refrain.  But.  No more excuses, One update a week.  AT least! FOR REAL THIS TIME.

I have also been reflecting a lot about the rest of my life.  While I was soooo busy over the holiday I never blogged (oops!) I found myself more happy then I have been in quite sometime.

I have been drawn back to the blog for one reason in particular today: Documentation.  and REAL accountability.

My roommate and I have been living together now for 6 years.  Every year we say we are going to climb half dome, since I could remember... and it has YET to happen.  For no good reason at all we say we will do it in summer every year, and every year we get to our holiday that we made up (yes... we made up a holiday, we are that awesome.  We are SO cool that not only did we make it up, but someone later tried to steal it and miserably failed, but that is a different story...) and say, "Oh no! We did everything EXCEPT that yosemite thing"

While I KNOW we can do it, I feel there is a certain amount of training that goes into the hike if you want to enjoy it.  Anyone can hike it, yes, but it is a long drive from Yosemite back to San Jose, and the less amount of pain I can be in, the better.  So we have started our prep.  And this year, we are going to do it!

For christmas this year Roommate gave me a new book... 60 hikes in 60 miles.  It is, as it suggests, 60 parks and trails in a 60 mile radius of my house.  The challenge is this: Commit to one a month (probably more as we get closer to a date) and hike the trail.

We are thinking if we go in august, that is 8 hikes: 2 easy, 4 moderate, 2 hard... minimum.  Our first hike got us pretty excited, and we know have a running list of supplies we need, maps, and pictures.

The one thing I will say about our first hike (almost 2 weeks ago) was I got lucky.  Not only does our book accurately navigate the trail, but San Jose is one of the only places I think you can drive 15 miles out of civilization and be passing a swedish commune and next to a waterfall.  I am stoked to reflect, share, and invite anyone out their on the journey that will become Yosemite 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment