About Me

My photo
I am who I am. Love it or hate it, I only change for me, for self improvement, and Self-assurance.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Hand!

So I've benn slacking, whoops.

This have been getting progressively easier... Slowly but surely I am feeling better about things. I'm figuring out the people I have been trying to compare myself to are definitely older than I was assuming with way more experience. So I guess that made me feel better.

I'm definitely better at across the floor things because of heather's class, and I am also doing ok at reversing without running it. So grateful for that.

The newest challenge came with my new work challenge. It seemed so simple: take this phrase of movement it make it a duet.

What would have normally ben an easy task is now the puzzle of my life because 1 my partner has little to no contact/ partnering and 2 I know what the choreographer wants, but because of my partners discomfort and newness to partnering, things are going slowly while I do all the work, and feel like I am falling short when he comes to check our progress because the only person contributing to Our progress is me. So, thanks to Heather and Scott for giving me all the lifts I know.

The profound thought of the day came from Joe, the guy that had been providing all the rest of the incite seen here. He said: pay attention to hands. What could seem very gestural, could be so important with the right amount of contact and pressure. Don't make it decorative. Dance with your hands.

Light bulbs went on everywhere. The quality of movement changed dramatically with this concept in mind.

So, week one, check. And I went to the shores and chrissy and I had tons of food and bonfire and played in the waves. I was conked out til now! Chrissy comes home in 10, and than, off to the zoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment