About Me

My photo
I am who I am. Love it or hate it, I only change for me, for self improvement, and Self-assurance.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

balance

It seems that whenever Life gets busy, I neglect writing.  Today is the first day I have turned off the noise without completely going MIA.

Let me just say, good things are happening.  A few months ago I thought I had found my dream job.  And yet something was missing.  Well, I'm back.  I guess the part I was missing was reality.

I recently chatted with a friend about the pro's of going to an all girl school (which I did).  The one thing I could really come up with is that, it puts priorities into a prospective.  High school was NOT the end all be all, it wasn't reality completed, because their was one key ingredient missing: BOYS! Not to say that boys are life, but they are a part of it, just like art, and sports, and other things that i did in high school, NOT at high school.  And when Work became my "reality", I kinda lost sight of that... BALANCE!!! It's about BALANCE! Work, School, Play.  Or in my case, Work, Play, Family (now).

Speaking of balance, I was recently in my father's office and saw this 6 sided dye.  On the sides were numbered priorites: 1) engineer, 2) Spouse, 3) father, 4) Participant, 5) Citizen, 6) Professional.  But what caught my eye was the adjustment he had made to the 6 sided dye.  My dad had taken a sharpie and re-wrote the top 3 priorities: 1) Spouse, 2) father, 3) Engineer.

This to me was CRAZY!

IF you know me and my dad's relationship (which most people don;t because you would need an hour and a bottle of red wine) you know we have had our ups and downs, and something about the dye made me feel like dad finally had figured it out... like all those years and dollars poured into therapy might have clicked.  And I sometimes wonder if I had helped by being the terror I am/was.

So what is a Celebration drink? Personally, I think I have a TON of prosecco.  I wish I knew a history, other than preRoman, HARDly distinguishable from asti's (the before dinner drink), I like it as much as Champagne.  YUM! YUM YUM! I have a half a case of almond champagne in my house! Here's To balance! Can't wait for this experiment to be over!

No comments:

Post a Comment